We are a Swim21 accredited club with access to excellent facilities based in and around Abingdon, Oxfordshire and are committed to supporting the development of our swimmers to reach their highest personal potential. This position will be an exciting opportunity to work alongside our newly appointed Head Coach Amanda Ford, coaching swimmers at all levels from development to national level; we have a number of successful regional and national swimmers. This is an exciting time for our club and we hope you would like to join us on the next phase of our journey.
The job is part-time and the hours will be negotiated with the successful candidate(s).
You will be required to:
- Work with a number of squads as a leading coach or part of a team.
- Attend meets and coaching at weekends.
- Hold or be prepared to undergo a DBS check with the ASA.
- Be self-employed and must have a permit to work in the UK.
- Be available to start work soon after the interview.
- Experience of working with age group, youth and senior swimmers.
- Previous competitive swimming experience would be an advantage, but is not essential.
- Hold ASA Level 2 swim coaching qualification or equivalent.
- A high level of technical knowledge and understanding of LTAD.
- Adaptable to work in a team environment and to also work alone.
- Willing to take onboard feedback and have a positive influence on the club training programme.
- Communicate and work effectively to build strong relationships with swimmers, parents, coaches and the committee.
- Be highly motivated and an inspiring role model for swimmers and parents.
- Holding or working towards a Sports science/dry land qualification would be beneficial.
Salary: Dependent on hours, qualifications and experience
For more information: Please contact Amanda Ford at:
How to apply:
Please send a CV and covering letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org